Thursday, April 14, 2011

A few Rules...

I've been getting asked a few questions about buying nothing new so I figured I'd write a post with a few rules and guidelines I'm following. And if you have any more questions feel free to ask. 

First off: Buying nothing new means nothing from a store like target or walmart. I can however buy used items from a thrift shop. To go a year without buying ANYTHING would make my impending move quite difficult. 

Buying food... Really, did you think I'd eat out of dumpsters?? Yeah, I know there's little groups of people that run around big cities collecting thrown out food like it's a game and the most bagels wins. To each his own, but I'll stick to the grocery store. 

Buying underwear. EWWWWWW! ! I think even if I were super super broke, I'd still find a way to buy fresh unused underwear. Clean underwear is a human right! 

Gifts for other people. While I've hit that stage of life where every other weekend is a wedding shower or baby shower, I'm not going to buy my friends used gifts. Honestly people... I value my friendships and I think my friends will appreciate this. 

Those are the basic rules to my year of nothing new. If you have any other questions let me know. I'll gladly answer any reasonable, sane question. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment