Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Buying the Dream


That's right. The powerball. it's currently at $252 Million. Now, I'm an educated rational person who knows the odds of winning are slim to none. But why did I buy two tickets today? Because of the dream. Just imagine what you could do with all that money. Ok, so half would go to the oh so lovely government but still. Half of 252 million is still A LOT OF FREAKING MONEY!!!!! 

What to spend my money on: I'd help out my family and friends I know could use some cash. The economy isn't exactly every ones best friend at the moment. I'd invest some so I didn't have to work. You know the concept, "my money makes me more money". Then I would travel. I would go to disney and go in style. Do everything first class. Heck! I could pay to have the park open to myself and 100 of my best friends. Then I would travel the world. Just go running around meeting people and taking pictures. 

I would rebuild and old house on some land. One with a wrap around porch would be nice. I don't need a mansion, Just a nice place to call home. But I'd buy a mountain house in the Appalachian Mnts and one out west in Colorado so I could ski. And I'd need a beach house too. 

I would do fun stuff too like pay someone's bill at a restaurant or leave a crazy big tip. Little things like that. Or just put some money in someone's mailbox.

Life would be grand if I won. But I doubt that will happen so I guess I'll go to school and keep applying for jobs. But man it would be cool if I won.

What would you do if you won the lotto?

No comments:

Post a Comment