Monday, June 6, 2011

This little light of mine

While the urge to spray paint something struck again, I decided to hit the thrift shops instead of finding something mommy dearest would disapprove of. After an unsuccessful trip to the first shop, The great ole America's Thrift Shop had just what I was looking for. A little desk lamp. it was quite ugly but I loved the shape so I bought it! Here's the Before and After.

Before: The ugly lamp


The ugly lamp shade


After: Pretty Lamp with Pretty Lampshade 


I was quite excited with my new little lamp that cost me a grand total of $5. I'm thinking about putting some fabric on the lampshade to give it a little more style, but I haven't found a fabric that I like so I'll have to keep an eye out for it. I wonder what I'll spray paint next... 

No comments:

Post a Comment